Add Gadget

Monday, June 27, 2011

Is it Just Me? Monday


Today is "Is it just me? Monday"  and I'll get right to it.  Is it just me or is Summer vacation FAR from a vacation?  I'm shuttling children from one activity to another, breaking up fights, packing snacks, crafts and activities at home, breaking up fights, hosting play date after play date, etc.  I'm just not seeing the Vacation part?  School just ended two weeks ago and I'm already pulling my hair out and counting down the days until it starts again.  When I was a kid, summer meant playing outside from breakfast until dinner, only coming in for bathroom breaks and to grab a drink, just to head back out after dinner until the street lights came on.  Maybe the kids are enjoying this vacation, but I'll confess, so far this Summer has been anything but a vacation for this Mommie!  I long for a lounge chair on the beach with just my tablet and a margarita.

No comments:

Post a Comment