Add Gadget

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Mommie Uniform


Khaki's and a solid color shirt.  My entire wardrobe seems to consist of nothing other than these two separates.  Well that's not entirely true, there are khaki capri's for summer of course.  Clearly I have a Mommie uniform.  I didn't really take notice of this until recently.  I see so many other moms out and about this summer and they look fabulous.  Make up on, hair styled, great clothes, awesome shoes, and even a smile on their faces.  This summer I'm lucky to just brush my hair and teeth before jetting out the door.  Sure my khaki's and tops don't look too bad, that is if you don't take into account that they're stained.  Or they have fresh snot somewhere on them.  They looked nice when I bought them...................four or five years ago.  Since becoming a Mommie sixish years ago, I have not made myself a priority.  There isn't enough time in the day to take care of everyone AND take care of me.  I try to get my shower in the evenings when the kids have gone to bed, you know after the dishes are done, laundry is put away and lunches are made.  By then I'm exhausted and have spent almost zero time with my husband.  I've made the decision to make some ME time!  That's right, at least two hours each week, I'm going to do something to take care of myself.  Perhaps a facial, mani - pedi, or even just a trip to the gym alone.  (Lord knows I need to go there)  Whatever it may be, I'm going to make ME a priority again!  I may not go back to the days before children, when I never went out of the house without every hair in place and eyelashes that could knock you out, but I will do the little things that I don't do now.  In fact I think my first ME time will be spent going to purchase all new make up!  Confess - Do you have a Mommie uniform?  If you make ME time, how do you do it and what do you do?  I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. Our journey has begun!… secretly though

    If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites and that I would LOVE for to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post. I’d love for you to stop by.

    Exciting things going on around here!

    www.definitelymaybebaby.com

    ~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

    ReplyDelete