Add Gadget

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Plain & Simple - I'm a hypocrite Mommie


Every morning when I wake up, I fill my cup full of Mommie Hypocrisy, or so at least it seems.  Practice what you preach.  Lead by example.  Oh I've tried, but I never seem to succeed.  Don't worry though I'm not always a hypocrite, only to those who matter most to me.

Eat this not that, is what I'll say.  Because Mommie is will be eating that the second your pretty little head hits the pillow tonight, is what I'm thinking.  Why is it that I allow myself to eat  unhealthy, but not my children?  It must be because I want better for my children, or at least for them to know better right?  Wait......I know better but, well for now, I'll just go with the can't teach an old dog new tricks excuse.

Clean up your room please.  Clean up your room please.  Clean up your room please.  I must say this at least 10 times a week.  She's not really in her room that often, so how on earth does it get so messy.  Some days I truly wonder how she can even sleep in her bed.  Sure, most kids have stuffed animals and such, but my first grader has books, journals, bracelets, heck I even found a sand art project in there.  Then I go into my bedroom at night.  Laundry basket piled high.  Bins stacked along the wall that are filled with kids clothing I'm sorting for an upcoming consignment sale.  Dust along my dresser top.  A carpet screaming for a vacuum.  Once again, do as I say, not as I do.  I like to blame alot of this on my lack of time, but I'll confess, I truly don't make the time.

There are a few other things as well.  Like no food allowed upstairs has been a rule since we moved into this house almost 4 years ago, yet I often have a bedtime snack while watching tv in bed with my hubby.  Since I mentioned tv in the room, well I won't allow my children a tv in their room, but, as you just read, I have one in mine.  Mixed messages much?

I often say, I'll fix these things, but honestly, I never do.  Heck, I thought I was doing better now that I don't lie to my oldest anymore.  Well really she can read now, so I had no choice.  Telling her the sign says only 10 children allowed to play at once when we needed to get in and out of the mall without a forever long stop at the play area seemed like a good idea at the time.  This parenting thing isn't easy!




3 comments:

  1. oh darlin' i totally relate -- really, the best parents in the world are the ones with no kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, please believe me when I say you are not alone!!

    I think we all take a huge dose of hypocrisy along with our parenting. But really, if our kids are happy and healthy and loved, I think a little dust on the side and a little dirt on the carpet can be overlooked :)

    Thanks so much for coming by and leaving me a comment, it meant a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pure brilliance. You are repeating the exact words I had in my head this very morning as I said to my child, "NO, you may not have cake, have an apple," just after I'd secretly hoovered a slice for myself. I hereby see your cup of hypocrisy, raise my own and fill them both with the champagne of co-conspirators!

    ReplyDelete