Add Gadget

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Jersey Jersey Jersey


Is it me or is New Jersey all over TV lately? Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. I can't get enough either. I'll confess some of my favorite shows are Jersey shows.




The Real Housewives of New Jersey is the 4th show in Bravo's Real Housewives franchise. The show follows a group of women who certainly aren't lacking in drama. I confess to loving all the Real Housewives shows and this one makes it easy. I love love love watching Teresa and her beautiful girls. I adore Caroline and check my mail each day hoping for the letter from her saying I'm her long lost sister. Jacqueline and I would be great friends, well that is if she knew me. Danielle......well....she does provide the drama, even if she does get under my skin (pssst, Woman is singular and Women is plural). Doesn't matter how crazy, catty, or over the top these women (plural) are, I'm definitely tuning in.




If you're in New Jersey you might have a difficult time getting an appointment at The Gatsby Salon thanks to My Style channels' show Jerseylicious. I came in late during the first season and had to find the previous episodes because I was hooked. Season 2 starts late September and my calendar is marked. I'm dying to know.......do Olivia and Tracy bury the hatchet? Are there wedding bells for Gigi and Frankie? Come on season 2!


Carlos's City Hall Bake Shop in small town Hoboken, New Jersey is no longer a favorite amongst locals only. Ever since TLC's Cake Boss premiered, the bakery has been mobbed. I wonder if Buddy ever contacted Duff for advice? Cake Boss isn't your typical baking show. It's a cup of drama, a tablespoon of family chaos with a pinch of cakes mixed in. I'll confess I have yet to physically try any of their cakes or treats, but I swear sometimes I can taste it while I'm watching!


I'll confess I just recently started watching Jersey Couture on Oxygen, but I'm already hooked. Kimberly and Christina are hysterical! Diane & Co. has a dress for every Jersey-Fab occasion.



MTV's Jersey Shore.......what can I say? I love every fist pumping second of it! July 29th cannot come fast enough! When the show first started I heard the buzz, but never bothered to tune in, thinking it sounded ridiculous. Then one week while my husband was out of town and I got to actually touch the remote control, I figured I'd check it out. (ok, who am I kidding, I was watching another MTV show and Jersey Shore came on after) I've since watched the first season twice and am waiting with baited breath to see the gang hit Miami for season 2 in a couple weeks. Are Ronnie and Sammi still together? Could Pauly D possibly get any hotter? Is The Situation's head going to fit through the door of their new place? Has Snooki found herself a juice head? I bet Angelina is happy that they brought her back for the second season, surely she was kicking herself daily for leaving the show.

So what is it with New Jersey? I'm not sure, but they sure have become my guilty pleasure! So comment and confess.......What shows are your guilty pleasure?

3 comments:

  1. Woahh I forgot Cake Boss was in New Jersey too. Haha I am so addicted to that, Jersey Couture is another good one but my favorite will always be Jerseylicious<3 awesome post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks laura! I agree Jerseylicious rocks! I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Cake Boss, I think more than Duff's show. Except is always makes me hungry, which doesn't exactly help make my butt smaller.

    I also admit to watching Billy the Exterminator.

    ReplyDelete