Add Gadget

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Even Betty Crocker has been out done, so why do I feel so guilty?


I really do enjoy baking. I even enjoy the decorating part too. It's just that things never turn out the way I picture them. I confess, I have two children and have never once baked them a birthday cake. I did buy an adorable way over priced cookie cutter once and baked cookies as part of a party treat bag. They tasted delicious, but looked as though a preschooler decorated them.....blindfolded. I keep telling myself that in a year or so I'll have some free time and I'll take those decorating classes I've been wanting to, then I'll bake their cakes.

Truly though I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I think it's safe to say that even Betty Crocker has been out done. I mean her cakes never spun or included batteries, right? Maybe I just watch too many cake competitions, but I want to make a three foot topsy turvy rotating cake complete with sparklers too.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself!

    I wanted to stop by to let you know that I linked to you in my 31DBBB post today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was "disconnected" on vacation all last week and I'm catching up now!

    ReplyDelete